ValidatorsRecover Validation Request Link
About the System
Applicants for professional registration or licensure use the system to record their progress in meeting the competency requirements for engineering experience and to have it validated and assessed.
An applicant’s competency submission, including all Key Competencies in the Competency Self-Assessment, must be verified by their Validators.
Applicants are asked to nominate a minimum number of individuals who can confirm and provide feedback on the applicant’s engineering experience to act as Validators.
Validators are typically P.Eng. supervisors but may also be colleagues or clients with direct, personal and professional knowledge of the applicant and the competency examples they have been asked to validate.
Combined, the Validators should cover as much of an applicant’s experience as possible but a minimum of four years must be covered.
An applicant’s Validators are required to confirm the examples that the applicant cites to demonstrate competency and to provide overall feedback on the applicant’s readiness for professional registration or licensure. For further information on validation requirements, please contact the regulator.
The online validation process proceeds as follows:
- Validators cited by the applicant will receive a secure link by email which will include login information to complete their validation through the online Engineering Competency Assessment System.
- Following the link, the Validator will enter the Engineering Competency Experience Assessment System.
- The Validator will first view the applicant’s education and employment history. No input is required from the Validator in these sections, but they provide the Validator with the opportunity to review chronological summaries of the applicant’s education and experience.
- Validators will then have an opportunity to decline to complete the process if they are not willing or able to verify the applicant’s experience. A reason must be provided in the comment box if the validation is declined. The reason, along with all validator feedback, is confidential and is not visible to the applicant.
- The Validator will then be asked to review the applicant’s Competency Self-Assessment and provide feedback on any examples that the applicant has assigned to them. The selected Validator will assess the applicant’s level of competency for each Key Competency on a six point rating scale (0-5). Validator comments on the examples are encouraged and help to provide valuable additional feedback and information to the Assessors.
- Finally, Validators will be asked to provide overall feedback on the applicant’s readiness for professional registration or licensure.